Monday, June 21, 2010

What I worked on for Friday Night Sew-In

I actually did work on a project for Friday Night Sew-In, but had a couple of issues with the pictures so I am just posting now.  Better late than never!  I had tablerunners to make for my son's teacher and for someone at my school. 
First I started with some 4" finished Thangles--I do like working with thangles, especially the larger ones.
I cut out 4 1/2" strips of my fabric choices:
Then I placed two strips right sides together and used the Thangles to make my half-square triangles! 
From there I laid out the center of the tablerunner:
I then put on a 3" white border, and added a top and bottom white triangle.  On the white end triangles I fused flower petals with a center and used my machine to blanket stitch around each petal and center.
I then attached the end pieces to the center, quilted it and added the binding!  Voila--a finished tablerunner--then we put it in a pretty gift bag and off to school it went for his last day of seventh grade.
There we go--two tablerunners off to new owners!  This was almost like a tutorial!  Well, until tomorrow, happy quilting!

9 comments:

  1. Your table runners are lovely! I, too, like working with thangles. It just seems to make half square triangles easier. I've had mine for years and just started to use them. They are so much easier than any other method I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that you like the larger thangles. I've only used the smaller ones, but love them. I'll have to give the larger ones a try. Thanks for the tip!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barb,
    Great job, the table runners are lovely.
    I have been using thangles for a long time but never thought to make material then use them.
    Happy Quilting,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty runners....lucky teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I have to show my ignorance here and ask what is a thangle?
    Love the table runners by the way

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow they are pretty!! I know the teacher's loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful! LOVE IT! I adore the name of your blog! :)
    I'm having a giveaway if you are interested! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, my dear friend. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did with these table runners, adding the flower petals on the ends. I must get back to some sewing one of these days. So much to do and so little time! ;)

    ReplyDelete