Saturday, January 16, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In

Well, it is now Saturday evening and I am just about to post what I accomplished!  I didn't quite accomplish as much as I had hoped because I needed to take my DD shopping for items she needed to take back to college with her; along with spending a gift card and a little clothes/shoe shopping for her!  Needless to say I didn't have the hours I was planning on--but I did have a great time with my DD!  Then today, we (the whole family) left early and did some last minute errands with her and got her settled back into college for the Spring semester; where does the time go!  Even with all the errands we really had a great family day; went out to eat then to the college bookstore and to her dorm room.  It is hard to believe that I didn't get in until about 6:15 p.m.  So, without further hesitation, I worked on the following:  my little LOVE quilt for Valentine's--just need to quilt and bind it, finished sewing my Happy New Year table mat; the binding needed to have the hand stitching completed--and two double-sided fleece blankets--both are gifts.  So all in all, not terrible, but did not begin my Schnibbles or Valentine table runners yet!  I have now pulled all the fabric I want to use for them and will perhaps start tonight! So, without further hesitation:

I love the Friday night sew in!  It definitely goes along with my resolution to sew a little every day!  I will be home on Monday, so hopefully I will have a productive day with several more hours for sewing!  Until tomorrow, happy quilting!

3 comments:

  1. You are doing good...and what fun it was to go out with your daughter.....and to get some sewing in too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb: Love the LOVE quilt. Happy New Year to you, also. I like Bunny Hill's Snowbound BOMs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss those times with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete