Saturday, August 7, 2010

Where Did July Go?

Well, July was a very busy month!  We went to see the 4th of July fireworks from the middle of the lake--that was a first and a lot of fun; couldn't have had a better seat!

We also were at the beach on the Cape for a time, very relaxing; not much quilting, but definitely a lot of reading!  I read, The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand and The Gods of Newport by John Jakes.  I really do love John Jakes and his historical fiction.  I am now reading Charleston also by John Jakes, however, I am back home and doing some sewing and quilting so reading not as much as when I was away!  This gives you a little taste of our area of the Cape--even when a storm rolls in over the ocean, it is still great to be there!




Well, that is some highlights from the beginning to middle of the month, I will continue tomorrow--more quilting going on then!

Until tomorrow, happy quilting!

3 comments:

  1. When you find July would you please let me know where it went????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, seems like you are just having a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you. It was the Fourth of July and all of a sudden it is August! Thanks for the book suggestions. I love historical fiction. My husband calls it hysterical fiction.

    ReplyDelete